Saturday 18 May 2013

Learning curve

It has been a busy few weeks for me photography wise.

Mainly due to three reasons, firstly a wedding where I was the lead photographer for the 1st time, however I suppose that's technically not true. It would be more correct to say I was the main photographer. Secondly I visited the whitby goth weekend which provided a whole host of photography opportunities (As well as material for a forthcoming blog post) and thirdly and by no means least I have joined a photography club which has a outdoors model shoot at the end of the month in the same place, they filmed the manor scenes for the batman films.

So what have I learned?

Well firstly I still have a lot to learn about photography. However not to sound totally immodest, despite finding my skills severely tested and being pushed further then I have done before, I feel that I have rather successfully risen to the challenge.

Secondly it can take time to edit a lot of pictures. I have to admit with the wedding photos I was rather behind target in getting the last of them finished because mainly I filled two 16gb cards of pictures and even shooting in raw that is a lot of pictures and I was rather foolishly optimistic with how long it would take me to edit them.

Thirdly, my people skills are good, but they need to get better in the sense of being more pro active in direction. The whitby weekend was a fantastic learning experience especially in this area but more on that later.

Lastly, my porfolio and by extension my website is in serious need of a revamp

So keep your eyes peeled as there will be more on that soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment